With the rise of workplace violence, the termination process has become more complex. Having the skills and knowledge to prevent or minimize problems during a termination benefits all areas of an organization.
Join Heather Bailey of SmithAmundsen and special guest, Debbie Pickus of Team Fireball Inc., on Thursday, February 7 at 12:00 PM CT for the latest installment of our Labor & Employment Quarterly Series. Heather and Debbie will discuss ways to properly conduct a threat assessment to reduce the risk of workplace violence and employment lawsuits. Specific topics covered include:
- Tips and tricks for effectively terminating the problem employee while avoiding litigation (or, at least, diminishing risks)
- How to properly prepare documentation from start to finish when it’s time to terminate
- Personal Safety Awareness: how to heighten your mental, physical and environmental awareness to reduce risk tolerance
- How to recognize a threat before it becomes an issue
- Hands-on learning of basic personal safety skills
Who should attend? HR professionals, business owners, and anyone who regularly handles employment termination meetings with employees.