Although cannabis remains illegal under federal law, the legalization of cannabis on the state-level has left employers feeling uncertain of how to tailor their workplace policies and procedures to fit the changing landscape.
Join Heather Bailey and Michael Wong on Thursday, February 20 at 12:00 PM CT for the latest installment of our Labor & Employment Quarterly Series. They will do a deep dive into the cannabis laws and what employers should do to diminish their legal risks to protect their workforce. Specific topics include:
- What makes a good drug policy?
- Defining reasonable suspicion in the workplace
- Drug testing best practices
- Does your locale prohibit pre-employment drug testing for cannabis?
- How to handle safety-sensitive positions and testing for cannabis
Who should attend? HR professionals, managers, and business owners