Contributed by Suzannah Wilson Overholt, November 18, 2020
Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb announced new coronavirus restrictions on November 13 that took effect on November 15, 2020 and continue through December 12, 2020. All businesses are allowed to be open subject to the restrictions in Executive Order 20-48. Executive Order 20-48 implements a county by county assessment that determines various measures, including crowd sizes, depending on the level of COVID-19 in that county (e.g. 25 people in red counties and 50 people in orange counties, with larger events needing approval from health officials). Businesses in higher risk counties are encouraged to take measures to ensure social distancing and protect their workforce.
Indiana’s COVID-19 Response Requirements for November 15, 2020 to December 12, 2020, include the following:
- Hoosiers who test positive for COVID-19 are required to quarantine.
- Social distancing is required except with members of your own household.
- Face shields are encouraged for individuals with such health/physical conditions.
- Face coverings are required for individuals over two years of age who do not have a health or other condition that makes wearing a mask an undue risk.
- Face coverings are required in indoor public spaces, outdoor spaces where social distancing is not possible, while using public transit, and in all schools.
- NOTE: The requirement does not apply while eating or being seated at a restaurant to eat, while exercising and maintaining social distancing, or attending a church service.
- All customers in restaurants and bars are required to be seated, and tables, counters, or other seating arrangements must be spaced six feet apart.
- Hospitals are encouraged to reprioritize or postpone non-emergent procedures.
- For most counties (orange), attendance at indoor school events is limited to 25% capacity.
- Recreational sporting leagues are limited to participants and required personnel.
Communities are permitted to enact more stringent restrictions. Indianapolis continues to do so. For continued information regarding COVID-19 restrictions, visit SmithAmundsen’s COVID-19 Resource Center or contact a member of our task force here: https://www.salawus.com/practices-covid19-task-force.html