Join Suzanne Newcomb on Thursday, August 16 at noon ET as she discusses the nuts and bolts of conducting effective internal investigations and examines the legal, ethical, and privilege issues that surround them. A thorough investigation is often the backbone of an employer’s defense to employment-related legal claims. In some cases, a prompt and effective investigation can resolve the underlying problem entirely, preventing a lawsuit from ever being filed.
Specifically, she will highlight:
- Confidentiality and privilege concerns
- Dealing with reluctant witnesses
- Proper documentation of investigatory interviews and other facts
- Methods of communicating investigation findings
- Closing the investigation
Who should attend? HR professionals, managers, business owners, and in-house counsel